My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot choose Pharmacy category

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I operate a licensed Pharmacy in Canada called Doon Village Pharmacy  @ 9-601 Doon Village Road, Kitchener, Ontario, N2P 1T6 - 519-895-8989 - plus.google.com/105117027442721604399

I opened in May and another pharmacy down the road from us opened in July and they are listed in the Pharmacy category. The closest category I can find is Pharmaceutical Company. Strip club is also available to us. How does that make any sense?

The business name also has the word Pharmacy in it.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: Cannot choose Pharmacy category

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Nishi G

As you saw in this thread this issue has been raised by other users, and is being looked at by Google.

Whilst they look into this, are you able to select an alternative such as 'chemist' for your page?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Priya,
Thank you for that.
As soon as I chose Chemist, it automatically switched it to Pharmacy.

Thank you!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Sorry, I just re-read your post and realised that you didn't need any further assistance :) so I've deleted my previous response.

(Obviously too early in the morning for me!)

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Priya,

Do you know if this category issue is still being looked at by Google? I am running into the same issue Nishi had a few weeks ago. There are 2 other pharmacies located close to us and they both have "Pharmacy" as a category, but it will not permit me to use it for ours. I tried "Chemist" like Nishi did, but it did not change it to Pharmacy for me. :-(

Thanks,
Kim

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Kimberley M

I haven't checked with Google re this recently but I can certainly do so. However would you mind starting a new thread with your details - business name, address etc so that we can confirm it is the same issue that other people have had?

Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @PriyaC ,  I have this problem too. I Cannot find the category Pharmacy, then I tried "Chemist" but it changed later on to " Drug Store " . We don't use this term here in Dubai. I can find other Pharmacies with Category "Pharmacy" so why this category not available ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Ali H, new the group but I had a similar issue in Australia.  Once I changed the language in the May Account / Language & Input Tools to English Australian (instead of American) it automatically changed mine from Drug Store to Chemist. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

well what I want is Pharmacy. so I think I will change the languages till I find a proper English one.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have tried something, go to google.com/maps , don't choose the local or country version ( in my case it was ,https://www.google.ae/maps) and try to edit , you will see the Pharmacy category in the suggest edit.