My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot change business hours

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can someone please help me change the business hours that my business runs. I can't find anywhere at all to change them.  I keep getting random strangers showing up at my home and its starting to getting intrusive. 

Apparently it currently shows we are open 9am - 7pm everyday.  I need to change this.. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning. Random Strangers sounds like a lot of sales opportunities ;) Do you actual have customers that you service at your home or do you visit their location? If you don't have customers come to your home you can switch it to a service area and then your address won't be displayed. But not sure if that's what you do or not.

So to change your business hours here are the steps

1- First log into Google My Business (link here)

2- Then for the business you need to edit click 'Manage'

3- On this page scroll down to the location card for the business and click 'Manage Location'

4- On this page Click 'Edit'

5- On this page click the pencil Icon next to your hours.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning. Random Strangers sounds like a lot of sales opportunities ;) Do you actual have customers that you service at your home or do you visit their location? If you don't have customers come to your home you can switch it to a service area and then your address won't be displayed. But not sure if that's what you do or not.

So to change your business hours here are the steps

1- First log into Google My Business (link here)

2- Then for the business you need to edit click 'Manage'

3- On this page scroll down to the location card for the business and click 'Manage Location'

4- On this page Click 'Edit'

5- On this page click the pencil Icon next to your hours.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same issue. I am on two week vacation and although I updated my website to show that I am not available, the business hours are showing up as open online for my business even though my hours show as closed in the area where I update business listings. My changes are completely ignored. Customers show up and are angry to find me unavailable! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did all of that and the hours are still showing that I am OPEN instead of CLOSED.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having an issue with our hours as well. Our hours have been selected but I cannot get any hours to show up on our website. Can someone please help?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys start your own threads for help otherwise it gets too confusing 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your answer, Matt; but your recommendation is for businesses that don't want their address to show.  I have the same issue as the original poster: unable to edit business hours.  Our business hours are unique as we run farm tours by appointment only, not set hours.  I have seen no place to set the hours as "by appointment only" and delete the wrong hours.  Thanks.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

Google allow two sorts of business to use GMB.

Store Fronts which are open and staffed for the stated hours.

Service area businesses who provide a service to the customer at their location. At their home, wedding venue, broken down car.

Google have no formal 'by appointment'.

For any 'by appointment' business in the address edit set on the Service Area option, a reasonable area where your customers come from, and the hours on the days you are willing to provide the service at your location by appointment. Thats all you can do.

Google check your GMB set hours against your web site primarily and also against other web directory data you have, so you need to set them up to be the same.

The pre-set holiday hours will only set them on the GMB search result. Google do not go out and manage your other data.

https://www.searchenginejournal.com/now-you-can-pre-set-holiday-hours-on-your-google-my-business-pag...

Andrew.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Dawn true I said don't display your address so customers don't come to your home, as that was your problem. People will still come even with posted hours at the wrong time. But I also put at the bottom of the answer the process of how to change your hours. Just follow those steps and you will see it. Andrew is right though check your hours on your website, yelp, facebook etc and make sure they all match. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i have updated the hours for my client who owns a restaurant at least 3 times. And it refuses to change. I even got access to his business account, made the edits through the business page, and still no changes have been made after 3 days of waiting... Of course i know me being a standard user you'd think it wouldnt verify, but not if you actually got access through their business page. Had to specifically wait when he could send me his two step authentication code... yet although i went through all of those steps it still didnt work.... GOOGLE PLEASE HELP US!!!