My Business
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot Update Business Phone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I've been trying to edit our business phone number to the number below for several months but it hasn't updated. Is there a different approach to go about this? It's currently set to someone's direct line which is the wrong number. I want to switch it to the below number which would give customers a better way to reach the correct department. Thanks.

1. Peek Travel
2. 75 Broadway San Francisco, CA 94111
3. 4154297953
4. n/a

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Andrew C
How are you going about changing the phone number?

I can see a few edits to the number in June, but it looks like the 7953 number has simply been added as a secondary number, rather than completely replaced it.
Are you editing through the dashboard? business.google.com?

If so, and it's not sticking, then I recommend you contact Support and see if they can manually override the numbers for you.

Please note they may phone one or more of the numbers to confirm the change.

Request a email/call back:

https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_other_problem

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Think you're cc'ing the wrong Andrew. There are so many of us. (I blame unimaginative parents).

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Ah, thank you Andrew C #2.  I blame the forum software. ;-)

Unfortunately I now cannot tell who's who so I'll wait for the other Andrew to respond.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog