My Business
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot Add Manager to Google+ Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I must be missing a simple option, but having created my brand pages, I can see the managers tab, but cannot add a manager !  I only have the option to remove myself.  Any suggestions ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cannot Add Manager to Google+ Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
A google search shows I should have a blue box saying add managers - which is missing for me.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Nick B:

are you sure being the page owner - not just a manager of it only?

If you are the owner go to business.google.com/manage -> click for the page in question "MANAGE LOCATION" and once it is loaded the top left "Hamburger Menue" and scroll down the left side bar to "Managers" clicking it.

If not seeing it then like I do and show below

Screenshot 2015-12-15 at 13.10.38.png

Make a screenshot on your end and providing it here

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Helmut,

This text box will not accept my screenshot, but there is no blue box to be seen. 

I think the problem is that the Brand page is the owner and I am as a Manager ?

Am getting to the bottom of it slowly !

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Nick B

I doubt (and never heard) a brand page can be the owner of a page

Screenshots can included if clicking here the black  reply button and then the link "FULL REPLY EDITOR below th blue "POST: button - the forum software is a crap regarding this matter - sorry to express this frankly as my opinion

You also can upload any screenshot to a public site and link them to here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not the best web editing software - 

Try this...https://www.pinterest.com/pin/1618549844759370/

I had used the full editor, but adding jpg came up with..Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

Thats a problem for another day !

Helmut Geissler wrote:

@Nick B

I doubt (and never heard) a brand page can be the owner of a page

Screenshots can included if clicking here the black  reply button and then the link "FULL REPLY EDITOR below th blue "POST: button - the forum software is a crap regarding this matter - sorry to express this frankly as my opinion

You also can upload any screenshot to a public site and link them to here

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nick B
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Nick B

I see this screenshot - ok so far

screencapture (5).png

And it shows me there are two different users (both named as Nick Blenkarn) one is listed as owner and an other one as manager of a certain business page "Severn Partnership - Geomatics" 

But the view  isn't made while signed in as the page owner Nick Blenkarn for  the busines page - its made while signed in as the manager only

And then the feature to add a manager looks (on my end at least) quite different - as below:

Screenshot 2015-12-15 at 17.39.04.png

Your screen capture looks not made from the page "Severn Partnership - Geomatics"  and while signed in as the page owner (you and considering your avatar here in the forum are not the page owner but a manager only)

Please try this link:  

https://plus.google.com/b/102700798701160278672/pages/settings/admin to get the blue button "Add manager" but make sure being signed in with the correct Google account - the google account of the "left most" Nick Blenkarb visible at https://www.pinterest.com/pin/1618549844759370/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Helmut, you are a star - your last point was the correct one - a separate login was created years ago to split personal from business. I have found the old login & changed ownership :-)

Kind regards,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm having the exact same issue.

I created a brand page, created the login and now when I login to the managers area I see this:
http://prntscr.com/9fssyw

No option to add managers.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Michael M

Maybe Michael you "have exact the same issue" but you didn't follow apparently the hints I gave to the predecessor here in the thread @Nick B

Taking a look onto your own screenshot I see it was taken from the following website:
plus.google.com/pages/settings/admin while being signed in to the account of a unknown page "Animal 112" not your personal Googel Account

I'm not sure but could "Animal 112"  likely be this page: plus.google.com/+Animal112 (aka plus.google.com/113547331757647143566) ?

In case Animal 112 is based on plus.google.com/113547331757647143566 you should do really exactly the same as I recommended your predecessor here in the thread (of course adapting the URL to your belongings:

Here we go:

Please try this link:
https://plus.google.com/b/113547331757647143566/pages/settings/admin to get the blue button "Add manager" but make sure being signed in with the correct Google account - the personal Google account of the "left" side visible user "Michael Mason" in your screenshot http://prntscr.com/9fssyw