4.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Cancel business listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We listed our business at a physical location but we really are mobile. There is also another business at that location. We want to cancel our My Business listing. How do we do that?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Discover O
4d

Cancel business listing

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Alan, 

Yes, it does make sense to have a listing that doesn't publicly display your address. As I said, that would just make you a service area business. I work mostly with wedding photographers, and around 40% of business owners in that vertical don't have a gallery or a physical location, which is why Google says in the above article:

Not all local businesses serve their customers from a brick-and-mortar storefront. Some businesses operate from a home address. Others are mobile and don't have a storefront that customers visit.

You can use your home address, even if it's located in an apartment complex. You can even use Google Posts now to make sure your location on that day is visible to people looking you up on Google. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Cancel business listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Would you still like a listing, just one that shows you as mobile? Just go into your account and edit the address so that you're a service area business. You'll also want your address (even if it's hidden) to represent a real location for your business, even if it's just the owner's home address. So you'll need to change if it if the address that's there has no relationship with the business. 

Re: Cancel business listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It will be great to have a listing. However, I can't use my building
because it is an apartment building. Does it make sense to have a listing
but not have a physical location visible to the searching customer?
Thanks Alan
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Discover O
4d

Cancel business listing

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Alan, 

Yes, it does make sense to have a listing that doesn't publicly display your address. As I said, that would just make you a service area business. I work mostly with wedding photographers, and around 40% of business owners in that vertical don't have a gallery or a physical location, which is why Google says in the above article:

Not all local businesses serve their customers from a brick-and-mortar storefront. Some businesses operate from a home address. Others are mobile and don't have a storefront that customers visit.

You can use your home address, even if it's located in an apartment complex. You can even use Google Posts now to make sure your location on that day is visible to people looking you up on Google. 

Experts in the Topic
james w