My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Cancel a header under google listing

N/A
# 1
N/A

Hi, hope someone can help, I'm not very tech savvy. when you google my business name, several 'categories' come up. One category is a bad link and I want to remove that 'link' from Google. How do I do this? Example:

Business Name:   info.....

Here......

Hot-fix.....

Appliques....

I want to remove the 'Here' link. It contains incorrect info and goes to a bad page on my website. TIA, sue

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cancel a header under google listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sue

This is known as a sitelink and Google is bringing this up from your website. If you do not want it shown in a Google search anymore, then you'll need to speak with your website developer and ask them to restructure your sitemap so that information does not show any more.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi ,

Along with what @PriyaC properly suggests, you can help this along within the Google Search Console (old Webmaster). 

When you login to Google Search Console, you should resubmit a new xml sitemap with the offending page removed. Next, you should use the Remove URL, which is listed under the Google Index tab. 

While you are in the Google Search Console, be sure to roam all through the sections and perform all that you can for your website. 

There are many powerful features built into Google Search Console and every website on the planet should be connected to it. This is where Google interacts with website owners & developers about things happening with it. Most likely, there will be issues to address. 

Once Google Search Console is reviewed, let's check up on your site speed, mobile-friendliness and some SEO (search engine optimization) stuff. 

1) Visit Google Search Console.

2) Use the Google Develoeprs Speed Test and work on fixing the issues so that your score is 89 or higher for both mobile & desktop.

3) Rerun the Google Speed Test but use this tool instead. Make sure you have a mobile score of 100.

4) Run your site through this SEO score checker.

Utilize the steps as they are outlined. Visit #1 and dig into your website actions with Google. Use #2 to bring your score up and get any optimized content to download & use. Complete everything and then go to #3. Complete everything and go to step #4.  

Please let us know what you discover and if you need further help.

King Regards,

James

[ Edited ]
N/A
# 4
N/A

thanks so much, I'll look in to everything you talked about, sue

--

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.

[ Edited ]
N/A
# 5
N/A

thanks, I'll look in to it, sue

--

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.