My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Can't verify google my business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business name is flairbeauties, current business address is 24b Irewole Street, Opebi Ikeja, Lagos, NG and phone number is 07030831149

I have received the verification code from google but when verifying my business I get an error that the code is not correct. Could I have received a wrong code from google because I am surprised.

Can't verify google my business

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Folorunsho T,

There are a couple of reasons your verification code wouldn't work..

1-verification codes expire after 30 days, so if you had the card for a while and waited to enter the code, or received it late, or for whatever reason did not try to enter the code until after it had been over 30 days, the code would have expired and thus not work.

2-somewhere in between the time you requested your first postcard and the time you received it, you requested another verification code either by requesting a new postcard or trying to verify using another method such as email or phone and therefore rendered the code on your original postcard useless, even if you later receive it.

You can try again and request a new postcard be sent by going here and following the instructions.

If you've made a couple of attempts and are still unable to complete verification, you would need to contact support for further assistance.