My Business
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Can't see exact Primary Category .

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Business page is :
https://business.google.com/b/101606566077017647657/edit/l/16009642484980113235?pageId=1016065660770...

I want to change my primary category to "Moving and Storage Service" but when I type it, I do not get the suggestion for the same. But I noticed that my competitors are having this category.

How can I change this?

Many thanks in advance.

Praveen

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author praveen y
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

the same category as it is available  in the US as "Moving and Storage Service" (it is internally encrypted as "gcid:moving_and_storage_service") is under the same encryption and meaning available for India as "Removals Service"

Please try it and give here a feedback

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Praveen Y

About what country is your listing ?

I took a look fot the US list of categories and "Moving and Storage Service" is available for the US.

This might not be the case for other countries.

Therefore I need to know your country.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Helmut,

Thanks for prompt reply. I am from India. Albeit i can see my rival business there with the same category.

The issue is that when some searches with some specific keywords related to my business, my business does not come up in results but others do because of the primary category they have.

Thanks a lot.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Helmut @Helmut Geissler,

Thanks for prompt reply. I am from India. Albeit i can see my rival business there with the same category.

The issue is that when some searches with some specific keywords related to my business, my business does not come up in results but others do because of the primary category they have.

Thanks a lot.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author praveen y
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

the same category as it is available  in the US as "Moving and Storage Service" (it is internally encrypted as "gcid:moving_and_storage_service") is under the same encryption and meaning available for India as "Removals Service"

Please try it and give here a feedback

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

Great, So i should use "Removals Service" going forward. OK. I hope this will improve my business page visibility.

Will come again to provide feedback. Thanks, mate.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Yep @Praveen Y

go ahead

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

since Google doesn't comment any question related to ranking and search results I can't either.

I have no insights about their searching algos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler Thanks. Albeit my original question

is not about ranking but show up on results at any page. On one keyword it shows and one keywork it does not but it should.