My Business
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Can't reply to reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

McSorleys

3-5 Sandford Road, Ranelagh, Dublin 6, Ireland

+35314979775

Up until last week everything was working fine but now I can no longer reply to reviews of my business

2 Expert replyverified_user

Can't reply to reviews

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Rossa O What happens when you try to reply to the reviews?  Can you post a screenshot?

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Can't reply to reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Full Business Name: Kong Dental Surgery (S) Pte Ltd
Current Business Address: 534 Choa Chu Kang Street 51, #01-45, Singapore

We're trying to respond to a review and when we submit our reply, it says "Replied" but when we refresh the page, the reply is gone. We've claimed our business listing and it has been verified, so we see no reason why we can't respond to reviews. Can this issue be escalated to provide a solution to help us resolve this as soon as possible?

Can't reply to reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same here. I have replied courteously to reviews on multiple occasions, only to later find my response removed. I have actually replied to certain individuals up to three times with up to ten days between attempts. "Review and edit reply" is seen and a couple of days later it's removed. This is quite the insult. Anyone with any know-how on this problem, please spill the beans and educate me if you can...

Can't reply to reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If its happening to us, it must in theory be happening to millions of us. I find it breathtakingly incredulous that so little attention is given to this subject. A screenshot is quite irrelevant- responding to a review with words such as "Positive feedback is always appreciated :-) " is against any defence, perfectly suitable as a reply. We are now in 2017. The internet has been around for long enough for a giant like Google to have sorted this out by now.

Can't reply to reviews

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Rory O

my fellow @JoyHawkins didn't mean to respond to a revie ny screnshot but to show by a screenshot what the user tried to respond but got it obvioully filtered. - just to investigate.

Googe had good reasons to filter reviews as well as responses to reviews.

In case oyu would share here waht you responded we could likely give you hints about the reasons of your filtered response as well as hints as how to get it published too.