My Business
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Can't remove Grub Hub from Google Page under Place an order. I want this link to go to my OLO

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Buffalo Wings & Rings - Arlington
2. 2150 E. Lamar Blvd #110, Arlington TX 76006
3. 682-323-7099
4. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Buffalo+Wings+%26+Rings/@32.7617,-97.074236,15z/data=!4m12!1m6!3m5...

5. Website (if applicable)Can't remove Grub Hub from Google Page under Place an order. I want this link to go to my OLO. Can't Change. The Menu is correct, but I want only my OLO order link on place and order link and NOT Grub Hub, as I am doing in house delivery now.

Please help 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Can't remove Grub Hub from Google Page under Place an order. I want this link to go to my OLO

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You will need to contact GrubHub and have them terminate your contract, once that is done they should remove you from their site and Google will remove the link. 

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Let me know if the problem persists after 14 days 

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have found a way.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @David L,

Please feel free to explain.

Thank you, apologies for the intrusion @Ben Fisher.

David l wrote:

I have found a way

N/A
# 6
N/A

Please explain how you got them removed.  Grubhub/Seamless are acting like it is not their problem and it needs to go away.  I do have online ordering but it is being confused with the other delivery companies.

N/A
# 7
N/A

Grubhub and Seamless are both playing stupid as if this is a Google issue.  Any idea how to solve.  My next step, if this can't be resolved, is my attorney with a nice letter to Google, Grubhub, Seamless, and Doordash for damaging my ability to attract online ordering customers with the market confusion.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Bill,

Of course you do.  Why would an operator want to send his customer to a 3rd party provider when they were searching directly for his brand!  Unfortunately, Google does not understand this and is generally not willing to help. Costing our industry likely millions of dollars!

To be clear, they will remove those links if they are not active and you have no relationship with the 3rd party.  In some cases, you can get those buttons removed in their entirety.  My company has a department specifically on this issue and manages the listings for operators so they can focus on other things.  If you Google  Pockets 3001 Lincoln Chicago, or Little India Chicago you will see that we have been able to remove those buttons.  It really requires knowing the right people at Google to make this happen.  

I have talked to lawyers and I do think at some point this will be the only way to get them to change their policy.  In the meantime, your screwed!  The best thing you can do is implement a  strategy to convert those 3rd party providers to your website.  I have a white paper on this.  Just shoot me an email and I will send it to you.  (David@imenu360.com)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you.  I’ll keep working on it!