My Business
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Can't recover account !

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My client (I'm a web designer) has an existing local business page on Google - but she can't log in because she's forgotten her Google account email password. She can't log in from the original computer (doesn't work anymore), and can't recall the exact date she set up the account or last used Google services, and doesn't have any other services with Google (as per the questions with password resets). So as a result, Google won't accept any attempts to reset a password and is assuming the password has been stolen etc.  She urgently needs to change the business listing's category (as they will receive a fine for having the wrong classification from the industry authorities).  We've just about tried everything - short of actually being able to call/email Google directly to assist. Is this possible??!! Does anyone have any suggestions of being able to access a business listing when Google won't allow login from the original email address? Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
January 2016

Re: Can't recover account !

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Kristyn,
At this point the only option would be to try to gain control of the business listing with a different Google account.

Tell her to follow the procedure described in this help article to gain control of the listing.
https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671
Google would send your request to get admin rights to the page to the current owner, the Google account for which she does not have login credentials.
Since there is not going to be a reply she should contact My Business support to request assistance from Google to gain control of the listing.

My Business support can be contacted by pressing the Contact Us link at the top of the Business help center
https://support.google.com/business/?hl=en#topic=4539639
A call back can be requested from the support team during regular business hours.
Monday - Friday, 1 AM - 5 PM PST

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor