My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Can't get old pictures off Google Search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've updated my page's profile, logo, and cover photos, and added interior and exterior photos as well as an additional photo of our CEO. But when I google our company, our primary photos that show up above our company name and address are of our old building still.  See Attached:

9-16-2016 9-49-10 AM.jpg

I've chosen our what we'd like our primary photo to be and even suggested an edit. Any tips?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Can't get old pictures off Google Search

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi MTS S

Unfortunately Google does reserve the right to show what ever photos they choose so even if you've chosen a preferred photo they may just ignore it.

Preferred photo - Recommend the photo that you want your customers to see alongside your business name on Google Maps and Search. Google determines which photo will be shown first using a number of factors, like how well the photo represents the services or products the business offers. Pictures of food at a restaurant, for example, tend to rate well. Although your first photo preference is taken into account, there’s no guarantee that your preferred photo will be the first photo on Google.

One hint - they do appear to dislike logos so if that is currently your preferred photo try selecting something else to see if that is picked up instead.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog