My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Can't get Google to acknowledge my business exists!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Lucky Dreamer Lodge

17.130476, -89.059103

Cristo Rey Village, Cayo, Belize

501-671-1515

My business is in the jungle in Belize.  We have no street address.  I have sent Google photos, and links from AirBnB & FlipKey with guest reviews to PROVE we exist.  All I get are emails saying that they will not approve my business.

How can I elevate this issue to the next level?  What else do I need to do to prove my business exists?!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't get Google to acknowledge my business exists!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Cheryl
Can you share the email for the account in which your are attempting to get it listed? I will share it with the Google community manager to see

It is likely that Google references one of the local Yellow Page listings to know whom to trust. So being listed there might help.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the response and help.

The email address is: <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

It doesn't make sense to spend money on a yellow page listing. All of our
business is from outside of the country. And I have no idea how often or
when the yellow pages is even published.

Cheryl

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specifics and/or personal contact information. This is done to protect account security and privacy.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The latest email I received from 'Lohith' states:

Thank you for you reply but according to our policies we cannot proceed further as you said you do not have a front office hence,your listing could not be verified to appear on Google Search and Maps, Enforcing these guidelines helps maintain high quality information on Google and improves how customers interact with businesses online.
So, because we don't have a front office, we don't exist? REALLY????? We live in the jungle - we have one cabin we are renting - it is listed on AirBnB, & FlipKey, we have customer reviews..... and because we don't have a front office - we don't exist!!!!!

Please, please, please let me know who this situation can be elevated to......

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Google isn't saying that you don't exist. They are saying that you are not eligible for a business listing on their site given how you are organized.

Their guidelines state:

Ineligible businesses
The following businesses aren’t eligible for a business listing:

Rental or for-sale properties, such as vacation homes, model homes or vacant apartments. Sales or leasing offices, however, are eligible for verification.

Google is saying that you are just vacation rental units and do not provide a permanent staffed presence. 

So given their rules you have three choices:

1- Don't have a listing at Google 

2- Get a listing there via one of their data partners (like the YP) but don't verify it 

3- Come into compliance (or the appearance of it) with their rules. 

Google's rules are broad strokes that they have developed over the years to meet their needs. And to avoid spurious listings. Your business model does not neatly fit into that mold. 

PS as to point 2, I get that there is no direct benefit but if it gets you into Google then it would be worth it and you would only have to do for 1 year... but before you leap you would need to determine exactly where they are getting the feed. 

As to point 3 if you email me off line we can discuss. supportrapidweb@gmail.com