My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Can't change website on google business listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I keep trying to update my website address to the new one and it keeps reverting back to the original address. how do i change this so that it stays the new address?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't change website on google business listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Brian

Are you updating it from your dashboard? Can you provide a screenshot of what happens?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
You need to change your business address through Google My Business dashboard and verify it via postcard verification. After the verification, new address will be live.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey @Brian J

I know other (very similar) cases in the past.

And such cases have been caused by the website in question the user is trying to enter via GoogleMyBusiness.

Would yo please mind providing your website so I can take a look?

It also would be nice to have the GoogleMyBusiness listing in question.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm having the same problem.
After I update to the new website, it keep reverting back to the old website I want to take down.

How did you resolve the problem?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Steven T please start your own thread.   It keeps the community and the conversations better organised.  There's also the possibility that the cause of the problem with the OP's listing is different to yours.

As @Helmut Geissler has requested, please provide your website address and GMB listing URL along with your question.  It's impossible to answer without the details to investigate. ;-)

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This older thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Google My Business Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

You may of course reference this older thread in your new post, if you wish.

When you post, please be sure to include the following information as well:

1. Full business name 

2. Current business address 

3. Current business telephone number 

4. Google+ URL 

Thank you.