My Business
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Can't Seem to Add Website URL in Contact Information

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am setting up my business page for a new business and it seems that the URL for my site is not being accepted (shows up in red with a strikethrough on my admin panel and is missing on the google my business url). I can't seem to figure out what the trouble is. Thanks for the help.

Business: 919 Fix My AC

Current business address: 420 Emerson Dr Raleigh, NC 27609

Current phone: (919) 349-6922

Google + url: https://plus.google.com/108864498517226755909?hl=en

Website address: https://919fixmyac.com

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't Seem to Add Website URL in Contact Information

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @JD A

Your homepage has a noindex tag and your robots.txt file is telling Googlebot that you don't want Google to index the website.

Is this an actual business or is it a lead generation listing and website for Cool Change Heating and Air?

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

As @TomW has pointed out, your settings imply to Google that your site is not yet real and not yet active. 

You need to change those settings. Once you have done that you should also list your site in the Google Search Console and make sure that Google is crawling it. 

I would also recommend that you change your domain registration to public. 

If 2 weeks after all of that Google is still not accepting your URL let us know and we can then elevate it to Google. There have been some cases like these recently where even when you do everything to get your site live correctly that the GMB continues to reject the URL. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much! My bad.  I made the changes and will wait to see what happens.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The URL still seems to have been rejected unfortunately. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

It won't happen instantly. Did you add it to the Google Search Console? 

It can take some time before Google My Business will recognize the site as live and eligible to be listed. 

As I noted if it doesn't take in 2 weeks we can elevate to Google. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you. I did add it to the Google Search Console. I will give it some time :)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@TomW, I'm helping @JD A with this. It's a legitimate website that's in the process of being built. I'm assuming because it's only a coming soon page at this point, we need to wait until it's fully built.  Thank you for pointing out the noindex tag!

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @Emmanuelle M

You're welcome. I'm sure the website will be fine. My concern here is if it's an actual business that is eligible for a Google My Business listing. I asked because I noticed @JD A is the owner of another HVAC company in Raleigh: https://goo.gl/maps/L6w97WhYQCM2

Not trying to pick on you guys, I just see way too many companies create listings for locations or businesses that don't actually exist.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @TomW,

I totally understand, and in fact I relayed that same concern initially. But it's a completely separate business with different trucks, HVAC technicians, (real) physical addresses, phone systems...etc. And as a company, they have 2 completely different approach to the market, so hopefully that will not be a problem from Google's perspective. I did wonder if it would be better to attach this company to a different account so that it avoids any possible appearance of trying to "trick" the system.  However since the same person does in fact own both companies and both websites, that might be a mute point.

In any case, thank you for your help.