My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Can't Remove Old Photos Or Edit Content To My Business Listing On Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I entered some photos many years ago on my business listing in google maps. Type in Virtual Florida Realty in google maps or visit:   https://www.google.com/maps/place/Virtual+Florida+Realty+Inc/@26.5997134,-81.9441841,17z/data=!3m1!4.... Some of those photos are now 7+ years old. I want them removed, and new ones added. I don't want to make a complaint against my own listing for inappropriate photos. They are not inappropriate - just old. I tried to update my account, but it said someone else claimed my listing. I went through that procedure, to try to re-claim my own info. I now have a flag saying I have duplicate listings on my business. I tried all that google my business etc. I can find the photos on those listings through my google Account, but in no way can control or edit anything on Google Maps. I have been, - and I still am paying google each month for google advertising. Even as a paying client - for many years, I can't get to talk to a real person, fix my account or seem to have any control on editing info! I did talk briefly to someone from google about a month ago. At that time, she could not help me because I was not authorized to control my own business listing! She told me customer support would need to help "merge" my accounts or whatever. Now I can't get in touch with customer support. Does google customer support even exist?       

1 Expert replyverified_user

Can't Remove Old Photos Or Edit Content To My Business Listing On Google Maps

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

This is a community of volunteers that may be able to help. There are very experienced users here. The first step would post more information here so it is. Can you post all the listings so that you can get help merging them and claiming ownership? You are describing a situation that looks like multiple issues are in play.

Ownership

Duplicate listings

Edit pictures

(you can flag pictures that are not relevant explain why / add newer better ones and they may well flow to the top in the business listing results)

It can be hard to reach people by phone, but better documentation here should get you fixed and or pointed in the right direction.

A quick search on one of your phone numbers shows a different address, so one place to start would be sure every web listing for your company has the same name address and phone number. I was trying to find the other listings and did not.

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |