My Business
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Can't Edit the Phone Number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a Manager for a Google + Business page.  I need to update the current phone number to a new one. I can't find where I edit this.  I also need to edit it on google.com.  Any suggestions on how to do this?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pamela T
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Pamela T
Log into the dashboard (business.google.com) with an account that owns or manages the listing.  Click "manage location", then "edit" on the next screen (red box, upper right hand corner), then scroll down to underneath special hours  and you should see the phone number.

If you're a community manager, not manager level access, then it's possible you won't have these options. https://support.google.com/business/answer/4573962

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pamela T
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Pamela T
Log into the dashboard (business.google.com) with an account that owns or manages the listing.  Click "manage location", then "edit" on the next screen (red box, upper right hand corner), then scroll down to underneath special hours  and you should see the phone number.

If you're a community manager, not manager level access, then it's possible you won't have these options. https://support.google.com/business/answer/4573962

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you.  Very much appreciated.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Question on this topic.  I have changed the address and the phone number but when I try and verify it still brings up the OLD number which is no longer active.  How am I to verify so it will update to new address and phone?