My Business
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Can't Edit Information

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My listing isn't showing up in google maps properly based on the location.

It turns out that because my business is in an unincorporated community, there are two correct addresses.  I have the township address listed instead of the unincorporated community.  However, this causes the listing to show up incorrectly.  After two months of tweaking, I have come to the realization that only businesses listed in the unincorporated show up correctly according to google.  

I have attempted to change the address multiple times over the past few weeks to the address that google prefers with no results.  The listing refuses to change in googles system.

Please help.

Here is the google+ page

https://plus.google.com/101478450101615779472/about

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't Edit Information

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @James S

I have no idea what you mean by two different addresses.

The address on this business page: https://plus.google.com/101478450101615779472/about

Is: 55840 Grand River Ave #350 Lyon Township, MI 48165 USA

What are you trying to change it too ?

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi! We are a hotel in Hungary and we can't edit our phone number! Google says somebody has already confirmed this company but we can't have access to that account. What can we do? Thank you.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Lyon township is the address according to the city.

However, my office is in a zip code, 48165, within the township. This zip code is classified by the post office as an unincorporated community, New Hudson. It is a "community" within the township. As I have learned, google does not use actual geographic location to determine your location and thus, my office does not show up correctly on maps. If you search for businesses in new hudson or lyon township, a business listed as new hudson will show up on either. If you list lyon township, it will be omitted from a number of searches.

Others who have had similar issues have reported that changing the location to "New Hudson" on google solves all problems with the map. I think google might be blocking or flagging the edits I have tried to make to change it.

I'm trying to change it to:

55840 Grand River Avenue Suite #350

New Hudson, MI 48165

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @James S

I think it would be best to contact support:

https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_l?rd=3#

They will be able to best advise at to what the problem is and hopefully correct it for you.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership