My Business
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Can't Edit Information

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

what a mess the Google Business Edit Information page is!

Here are a list of problems I'm getting:

1. My business address is not as I would like it displayed, yet every time I edit and save it, it returns to the old way
  2. I am unable to remove photos that are currently saved in any of the sections.
  3. Clicking on any of the photos gives me an error like this:

404. That’s an error.

The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

4. Using the "call me" option under support, when I put in any phone number (I've tried the office number and my mobile) results in an "Error - please try later" message.

Please help!!

4 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Can't Edit Information

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi James, how are things?

Can you do some tests if you haven't yet, and try to access your My Business page from another browser, or even cleaning your cache & cookies information?

I've had similar problems, and the 404 error was due the fact that the photos were already removed, but my cache didn't get updated.

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @James C 

adding to what @leandrofm told you:

It would be helpful knowing about what G+ page you are talking about.

At least it would be important to know what actual address in your dashboard you are trying to change in what other address getting it always reverted to the old address?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@James C

You may want to check the address that you want to use against the postal system. It could be that your address is not found in the postal system database or the database has the address listed differently.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello!
How are you doing?

I'm facing same problems as James. I've already changed browser and cleaned up cache and cookies. But the address info keeps returning to the old way.

Another issue: although I've uploaded a Profile/Logo pictures it doesn't seem to appear on the right side of Google's Search Page. Instead it displays some pictures from "Additional Photos" session.

A lot of info keeps returning to the old way. For instance, I changed the Owner and the Manager email address, but the old Owner(current manager) can still edit my Google+ Business Page.

Do you know what may be the problem?
Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Fabio K

Can you please start a new thread with this question (go here: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-Business-Owners/bd-p/Basics_for_Business_Owners and click on the red cross at the bottom right).

Please include the name and address of your business as well.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have been having the exact same issue with the address not updating. I have "edited" it multiple times over the past few months but it never saves. I verified it is the correct address with USPS.

https://plus.google.com/113525414042325694107/about?gmbpt=true&_ga=1.92763549.1298883013.1448854365

And the correct address should be:
B&G WINDOW FASHIONS
1060 KNIGHTS TRAIL RD STE 6
NORTH VENICE FL 34275

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Andrew G

Can you please start a new thread with this question (go here: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-Business-Owners/bd-p/Basics_for_Business_Owners and click on the red cross at the bottom right).

Thank you.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
done!

Thank you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am Sympathetic in today is my umptenth attempt to input my address as it is known to me. Unlike your experience Google just puts whatever they think is right in place of what I put there. Furthermore the GPS logitude and latitude given as a link will take you my business where it displays a different long & latitude on the page description but if you input the link long and Lat into maps.google it takes you someplace close but not the my place of business. What a mess! Today alone I had 6 students arrive late due to Google maps mess ups!