My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Can one location have multiple businesses on Google Maps?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Name: Selected Tutorial Centre.

Address: 1-3 Hudson Street, Hurstville NSW Australia 2220

Phone: +61 2 9585 1866

The problem is below:

We have our main centre and also a little bookshop next to it, and they are on the same address. We want to also show both of them on Google Map as seperate business, is that possible?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Do they have separate mailboxes and company names? In the United States, you have to be able to get the verification card at the other valid address. The way your google my business page is listed would also conflict with what you want to do. Is there a separate entrance?

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No they don't have seperate mailboxes, although they have seperate business names. They do have seperate entrances, but need to go through a main entrance first where they share that mailbox.

The reason why I set the name as "Selected Tutorial Centre & Bookshop" is just for a temporary solution so that people can search our bookshop on Google. If I can get them as seperate businesses then I will change the name back to "Selected Tutorial Centre" 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jen L
June

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

I would work to set up the separate mailbox set them up as separate entities completely. A separate website, separate name and phone number and then get the bookstore verified as a stand-alone business. Or if not optimize your content on the website so the book information will show up in the search results. You can also wait to see if anyone else comments here in the community with another suggestion.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much for your solution. I will try to set up a seperate mailbox and other things first, if not I will just include the details of the shop into the tutoring centre's website.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

You are welcome. If you can not go the seperate address route for your website content you may want to visit this link. There are a number of very informed people posting there and some are top contributors to this community. Local SEO articles and take a look at the article titled 

"The Best Types of Content for Local Businesses: Building Geo-Topical Authority"