My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Can not get past this error: "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to add my business to google so we can have a google plus page.  I type in the full address and the application tells me "can't find the exact address, please drag the pin to the correct spot."  So I do this and I drop the pin right on top of my business and hit "continue" but it just keeps saying "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place."  My address is correct, this is a real USPS address.  Not sure how to proceed.  We have been at this location for 25ish years.

Thanks for any help.

business name is S&S Construction

272 E. Cucaracha St. Wickenburg AZ 85390wickenburg sun ad.jpggoogle my business error.jpg

do not have google plus url

business number is 928-684-7500 but I am the tech guy helping them my number is different.

google my business error.jpg

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can not get past this error: "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place."

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I'n not familiar with your area but noticing a discrepancy between how GMaps and MapMaker knows the addressinquestion and as you are trying to enter it:

GMaps and MapMaker know "272 N Cucuracha St, Wickenburg, AZ, United States" as with the ZIP " 85390"

You instead seem entering 85392.

Re: Can not get past this error: "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place.&quot

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks for the reply, I get the same error when using 85390

google error.png

Re: Can not get past this error: "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place.&

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I tried the same stuff on my end.

This are my findings:

I started creating a test listing in my dashboard

step 1# entering the same details (ex the business name) as on your screenshot.

Screenshot 2016-07-26 at 20.30.00.png

step 2#:

clicking continue  (bottom left)Screenshot 2016-07-26 at 20.30.26.png

step 3# trying to enter any ZIP number to specify a SAB failed (regardless entering 85390 or AZ 85390 or 85390 AZ USA or similar

Screenshot 2016-07-26 at 20.32.14.png

getting this error then:

Screenshot 2016-07-26 at 20.45.28.png

changing the kind of specifying the ZIP fails with the same errro message.

I then decided to specify the SAB as a radius and this worked:

Screenshot 2016-07-26 at 20.38.26.png

I stoped here my test.

Now to you:

Since I remember there have been couple of month ago an errror specifying the ZIPs for a SAB and I reported this and thought it should be fixed it seems the bug rised up again.

Will report it to Google again.

as  Workaraound for you I recommend to specify also a radius based SAB.

Please start on your end from scratch:

at first delete the page as created according your screenshots and re-create it following my steps 1#  - 3# and then the  following up views.

In case there are any diificulies to follow my steps please provide such problems through screenshots.

Re: Can not get past this error: "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place.&

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

is there a trick to pasting in the screenshots?  right now I put them in paint, save, then attach.  

I tried doing what you did but it never gives me the option to enter a service radius.

step 1:

step1.png

step 2

step 2.png

step 3

step 3.png

step 4

step 4.png

step 5

step 5.png

step 6

step 4.png

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Trent K
July 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Trent K

regarding screenshots: 

How to add screen captures or similar to posts: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-Business-Owners/How-to-add-screen-captures-or-s...
(or upload them to a public picture site - linking them to here)

Regarding your visible red error and not being able to continue on yout first screenshot where you tried enterrign the business info (including address)

The mistake is obviously made by you.

You entered as city name "Wickenburg, AZ"

You are not supposed or told to add the state AZ in the city field.

Please enter just "Wickenburg" as city and select below the state.

I was able to replicate your red highlighted error if entering like you "Wickenburg, AZ" - on my end -

While reverting back to "Wickenburg" only I am able to  continue

and I bet you can do this too!

Please give it a try and a feedback here then.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thank you, it is disappointing that the error seems to be due to my stupidity.  I should be better than that.  removing az from the address fixed it.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

GMaps_SC.JPG

Hi Helmut, I am having the same problem. I think I have followed address instructions properly but still, this annoying error won't go away. 

Can not get past this error: "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place."

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

hi Brinder

This is actually a separate issue which has been escalated to Google. Keep an eye on this post for updates: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-Business-Owners/Can-not-get-past-error-quot-Ent...

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi Brinder

Just to close off this thread, this issue has now been resolved. Can you confirm that you are no longer having any issues with adding your address details?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog