My Business
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Can not get past error "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to add my business to Google but for some reason which I can not sort out I am unable to get past the above mentioned error.

This is what I have entered into My Business:

Screenshot 2017-01-04 14.38.58.png

Which appears to match Google Maps:

Screenshot 2017-01-04 14.39.14.png

What have done wrong that I can not get past this?

Jarrod Dunham

Dunham Accounting Services

101-230 Martin Street, Penticton, BC  V2A 5K3

(250) 487-9296

3 Expert replyverified_user

Can not get past error "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm afraid I cannot help because I have been battling this frustrating issue all day.  I just want to list my business on Google.  I have given a correct address and Google is finding the correct location on the map.  Every time I try to submit, I get that red error text: "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place."  I have entered every possibly permutation of my address. I have tried using other addresses in the local area that I know are good.  I have manually set the map marker location to exactly where my address is (which Google has accurately set anyway).  No dice.  This is the most ridiculous problem!  I know where my office is, Google knows, but it will not accept it.  HELP!   

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having this issue also - good to know it's not just me, I'm sure it will be rectified soon.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been having this exact issue for 4 months!!! And it has not been fixed.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi all

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a frustrating experience. I've escalated it to Google and will let you know once I hear from them.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

this is frustrating. I am not changing my address at all, just unclicking the box that says serving customers at my location and I get this message. URGH!!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yup, just tried to register my business too. Problem still there. I don't understand how Google could have such a fundamental error in an established service? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Having the same issue too. Now I cannot see/edit my Google Reviews. Remember when Google used to be very friendly to use?

Re: Can not get past error "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place.&qu

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Having the same issue too. Now I cannot see/edit my Google Reviews. Remember when Google used to be very friendly to use?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please posted confirmation comments if you are also having this issue so Google makes this a priority. I also tried subscribing to this service through Fire Fox (in case it's a browser issue) with no success.