My Business
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Can locate business & create link via PlaceID, but link does not take me directly to review section?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have used the PlaceID feature to locate my business and create a link to take clients to the review section, however, once I follow the link, it doesn't take me directly to the review section, just a google search for the business name and location. This has always worked in the past for me but doesn't work anymore. Is this a settings issue or can you no longer directly link customers to the review section? EDIT: The link directs me directly to the review section if I access the link via mobile but not via PC.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Can locate business & create link via PlaceID, but link does not take me directly to review section?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Luke H

Thanks for coming to the community! It looks like you may have forgotten some important information that I'll need in order to address your issue. Can you please provide the following:

1. Business Name
2. Business Address
3. Business Phone number
4. Maps URL
5. Website

Once I have that information, ​I​'ll do my best to help. 
Thanks!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

Sorry about that, new to all this:

1. Kwala Music

2. Huntington Beach

3. 7145762989

4. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Kwala+Music+-+Huntington+Beach/@33.6709965,-118.5403877,9z/data=!3...

5. www.kwalamusic.com

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Luke H

This seems a new bug.
And I was able to replicate it 

On my Android this two links lemme review your listing 

https://goo.gl/TSr5FE

http://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=ChIJ6bZUdiUh3YAR998p2qncavQ

while the same URLs on my desktop jsut show the Knowledge panel 

There is btw an other user reporting exactly the same behavor.

Its User  @Bev F  in here:

Link to Leave Reviews Is not Working

I also beleive yur issue (and th one of @Bev F) only happens forsuch listing not yet having gotten and  review posted (and being tied toth listing)

Seems I should inform Google 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

Ok, glad to hear it is not just me. Hopefully this will be fixed soon. We have had clients not reviewing us as they were not able to find the review section. Thanks for the help with all this!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

Hi Helmut,

I saw in the other post that you were able to post a triggering review in order to activate the review section via desktop. We are having this problem at a number of our offices, is there any way you could post a trigger review on our offices? We are all having the same problem of not being able to access the review section from desktop. I have a list of short URL's for our offices. If this is possible please let me know. Or if you have an alternative solution to this that would be great also. 

Thanking you, 

Luke

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

Hi Helmut,

Just wondering whether you could give us any insight as to whether this bug has been fixed, or whether you could post a trigger review so that our customers are able to access the review section via desktop?

Thanking you,

Luke

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Sorry @Luke H

for unknown reason I didn'tgot any notification about your lastboth postings here an missed them therefore.

Regarding the "bug": I haveno clue and fear it isn't yet in the scope of Google to dealabout.

Regarding triggering rviews: I need  GMaps URLs (or even better: not working placeID-stuffed reviewing URLs)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

Not a problem Helmut, hope you had a good holiday weekend.

I can go ahead and provide that with no problems whatsoever, I have created a short link for all of our offices who are experiencing this problem. My question regarding this would be, how many are you able to trigger for us? We currently have 8 offices experiencing the problem and obviously would love them all to be resolved, but if you weren't able to do that for whatever reason I would want to send you the ones with the highest volume of traffic on google.

Thanking you in advance,

Luke

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Provide me for  allyour locations the PlaceId  based links as working on Android but non desktop.