My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Can home business be listed on Google Maps?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

We are a family business that have been operating out of our home for the past 10+ years and our business used to have a listing on Google Maps. However, Google had contacted us letting us know that we have to "Make sure the box that says “I also see customers at my business address” is NOT checked." This resulted in customers not being able to see our address on Google Maps.

Are home business not a loud to be listed on Google Maps?

Regards,

Leon

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

1- What is your business name and location

2- What is the website URL?

3- Do you have regular publish hours at your home?

4- Do you have signage out front? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1: Business name: Leon's Boot Alterations

2: URL: bootalterations.com

3: Yes, regular published hours from Monday-Saturday

4: Yes, we have a signage. This is not visible in google maps - street view - as it was not up when the google street view car was driving, but it is up now and we had sent that in to google when they requested for it.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Do you have a case number where you contacted them or where they said to not show your location?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is a number that was in the subject line when I was communicating with them through email: 5-9090000013518 ... I hope that is what you are looking for.

Re: Can home business be listed on Google Maps?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

One last question:

When you go into Google MyBusiness and Click the Address section and select the box next to “I serve customers at my business address”  - What happens?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mike,

I am able to click the box, however I was afraid to violate any Google policies, given that they emailed/called me to uncheck it. They also said that if I did check that box, that they would remove me from the Google Business listing...  How would you recommend I proceed? Do you happen to also know why they may have told me to do this - and if this is still accurate?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Can you please share your signage image and I will escalate to Google to get clarification. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Thankyou. I will escalate for clarification