My Business
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Can an Owner remove a Primary Owner?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'd like to give owner access to an employee so they can manage adding and removing managers. For security reasons, is it possible the owner can remove the primary owner?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I would think not, but @Tim Capper what do you think?

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I'm sure @Ben Fisher

@Tim Capper thinks the same

Re: Can an Owner remove a Primary Owner?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Rob L , @Helmut Geissler , @Ben Fisher

When we were originally shown and explained the new ownership / manager section. It was explained that the Primary and Secondary ownership was created in part to deal with ownership conflict where an Agency had control but was disputing ownership, or there are two legitimate owners of a business, then the secondary owner is added. 

They did say that the secondary can request a type of re-verification and kick out the primary owner.

The secondary, being in the business premesis then gets the re-verification postcard and essentially displaces the primary owner. Or there may be other checks put in place, but not sure of these as yet.

The secondary owner requests re-verification, makes sure he / she receives the post and kicks out the primary.

Naturally the primary could appeal this and would be re added, but to answer your question. I would say that it may be possible when.

It probably would not happen, but it certainly could happen.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Re: Can an Owner remove a Primary Owner?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Rob L I believe the answer from @Tim Capper is what you are looking for. I would recommend having a high level of trust with this person/ Since they could (in theory) make changes to the listing (name,address,phone etc.) and then get a postcard and then leave the company. 

Regards,

Ben Fisher Google+ | Twitter | Steady Demand 

PS.

Help keep the forums clean, if you are satisfied with your help, please select the answer that helped you the most and mark the thread as resolved. 

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO