My Business
4K members online now
4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Can a concierge doctor who has an office but makes house calls be a service area business?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm helping a doctor who has an office but who promotes concierge services, which means that she will visit patient homes as well as see some patients at the office. Can she be listed as a service area business, or is there a major drawback to doing this? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kevin P
December 2016

Can a concierge doctor who has an office but makes house calls be a service area business?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

The only real difference between a service area business and a storefront business, is whether or not you accept drop-ins and serve customers during business hours. If the doctor is out during business hours, but there's a secretary to receive customers, make appointments, etc. then you don't need to list your business as a service area business. 

There's not a huge disadvantage to being listed as a service area business in the industries I've looked into at least. It doesn't appear to hurt rankings, but it does mean that you won't get a little pin in the map if you're appearing in the 3-pack or in the local finder. Potential customers will only see the actual service area of her practice if they look her up directly, the service area is highlighted in red in the knowledge panel. 

Most doctors are by appointment only, and are often unavailable to greet drop-ins. I don't think it would make a difference whether or not the doctor is busy in office or out of office, as long as there's a secretary there. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kevin P
December 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

The only real difference between a service area business and a storefront business, is whether or not you accept drop-ins and serve customers during business hours. If the doctor is out during business hours, but there's a secretary to receive customers, make appointments, etc. then you don't need to list your business as a service area business. 

There's not a huge disadvantage to being listed as a service area business in the industries I've looked into at least. It doesn't appear to hurt rankings, but it does mean that you won't get a little pin in the map if you're appearing in the 3-pack or in the local finder. Potential customers will only see the actual service area of her practice if they look her up directly, the service area is highlighted in red in the knowledge panel. 

Most doctors are by appointment only, and are often unavailable to greet drop-ins. I don't think it would make a difference whether or not the doctor is busy in office or out of office, as long as there's a secretary there. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.