My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Can I merge two accounts with different emails into one?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Two years ago I created a Google+ profile and page and Google my business page, but never added a map location. Currently this account is not verified, but it has accumulated content over time. I use my gmail address to access it.

Original Google+ profile

Original Google+ page

Original Google My Business page

I recently hired a firm to help me with SEO. As part of this, and without my realizing it, they created a NEW Google My Business page, linked it to a map and new Google+ page. When I called Google in confusion, a technician reset the email address from my gmail to my website address to access this account. This account is verified and marked as "default".  

New Google+ page

New Google My Business dashboard page

Google maps

So now I have two accounts, which I cannot access at the same time. I have to log out of one to log into the other. I am unable to change the email to be the same for both. I would like the old Google+ page (& profile) to replace the new one, since it has content. Is this something I can easily do myself?

Can the old Google My Business page be deleted? I am worried that other data on related pages/apps will also delete.

Thanks!

Nancy L.

Nancy Lane Studio

6476 County Road 32

Canandaigua, NY 14424

585-298-1471

Re: Can I merge two accounts with different emails into one?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I finally got telephone assistance with this; we had to invite myself as manager from one account to the other until they were linked and then we merged them.