My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Can I merge two accounts with different email address into one?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Two years ago I created a Google+ profile and page and Google my business page, but never added a map location. Currently this account is not verified, but it has accumulated content over time. I use my gmail address to access it.

Original Google+ profile

Original Google+ page

Original Google My Business page

I recently hired a firm to help me with SEO. As part of this, and without my realizing it, they created a NEW Google My Business page, linked it to a map and new Google+ page. When I called Google in confusion, a technician reset the email address from my gmail to my website address to access this account. This account is verified and marked as "default".  

New Google+ page

New Google My Business dashboard page

Google maps

So now I have two accounts, which I cannot access at the same time. I have to log out of one to log into the other. I am unable to change the email to be the same for both. I would like the old Google+ page (& profile) to replace the new one, since it has content. Is this something I can easily do myself?

Can the old Google My Business page be deleted? I am worried that other data on related pages/apps will also delete.

Thanks!

Nancy L.

Nancy Lane Studio

6476 County Road 32

Canandaigua, NY 14424

585-298-1471

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I merge two accounts with different email address into one?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Nancy L

As far I understand you are talking about two different  pages

One is  brand page: https://plus.google.com/108936164279363248839

the other one is a verified local page https://plus.google.com/117371546033520266111/about

I'm guessing but not sure:

the brand page is managed by you in you own dashboard based on your Google Account while the verified one is managed by the hired SEO folks in their dashboard.

Is this a correct description of the situation regarding both pages?