My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Can I keep my address private?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am the owner of a very small animal shelter.  The town we are in, does not have any other animal shelters in town.  I am fearful that, if my address is posted publicly, that we will have animals dumped at our property.  Is there a way to register my organization and keep my address private?  Right now I have it listed at the nearest major intersection, which causes me to not be able to verify the organization for Google.  Any help is appreciated.

Re: Can I keep my address private?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Lou H,

What a great cause - I definitely understand your concern. You can hide your address from displaying on your Google My Business listing by following these instructions for a Service Area Business. You'll want to mark:

I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location - Yes

I also serve customers at my business address - Uncheck this box

I also wanted to caution you that many other 3rd party sites don't have this type of option to hide your address, so if you are adding your shelter to other sites or have a website that lists your address, then your address could be picked up by and indexed by Google.

Best regards,

Meghan