My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Can I incentivize my employees to collect reviews?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know it is against Google policies to pay users for reviews, but can I incentivize my employees to collect reviews? We have had difficulty changing the staff mentality to ask customers to leave reviews, so we would like to give them a reason to start asking more often. For instance, we may decide to give an employee $5 for each review they get a customer to leave, but only if we can verify that the person leaving the review is an actual customer and that the review mentions the employee's name. This way we should be able to get reviews from customers, but the customer is left to leave an honest review of the business. And the verification process should prevent employees from making up fake reviews to earn additional money.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Oak M
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

There are no rules against asking and there are no rules against incentivizing your employee to ask.... either by Google or more importantly by the FTC. 

I think the danger you run into is that by incentivizing the way that you are suggesting you might have outcomes where the staff prioritize their needs over the needs of the customer or the company. 

There are two other approaches you might want to think about.

1- Creating a company where customers LOVE you and you exceed their expectations. 

2- You incent your employees for going above and beyond and perhaps for being positively mentioned in reviews.

In the end, only by running a great company, paying attention to what your customers are saying, providing them with what they need and doing so in a way that delights them can you get the long term benefit of reviews. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Oak M
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

There are no rules against asking and there are no rules against incentivizing your employee to ask.... either by Google or more importantly by the FTC. 

I think the danger you run into is that by incentivizing the way that you are suggesting you might have outcomes where the staff prioritize their needs over the needs of the customer or the company. 

There are two other approaches you might want to think about.

1- Creating a company where customers LOVE you and you exceed their expectations. 

2- You incent your employees for going above and beyond and perhaps for being positively mentioned in reviews.

In the end, only by running a great company, paying attention to what your customers are saying, providing them with what they need and doing so in a way that delights them can you get the long term benefit of reviews.