My Business
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Can I change the Price Range icon?? It's currently $$ but my restaurant is $$$

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone

I'm wondering how Google determines how many $ signs to indicate the price range. 

Can I change this? 

Our restaurant is is a $$$ but it shows $$ it's causing problems and has gotten me a couple bad reviews. 

Spice Affair Indian Restaurant

50 N La Cienega Blvd #120
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

310-400-6800

https://plus.google.com/+SpiceAffairBeverlyHills

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I change the Price Range icon?? It's currently $$ but my restaurant is $$$

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mark F

No that is algorithmic.

PS: Just checked your reviews and there are no bad reviews saying anything about the price range depicted in Google Maps

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Re: Can I change the Price Range icon?? It's currently $$ but my restaurant is $$$

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tim

Thank you for clarifying that for me I appreciate it.

Fortunately the reviews haven't been on G+/GMB but we have heard it from a few customers in person, and on yelp. I just wanted to see if there was an easy way to fix that. Thanks.

Since I have you here can I ask another question?

:)

We are in a particular neighborhood in Los Angeles: Beverly Hills

We rank for Keyword + Beverly Hills with our maps listing but we are in Timbuktu for the overall search of Keyword + Los Angeles. Like nowhere to be found - this is frustrating for us because we have really good food and cant get on this umbrella keyword.

Can you tell me how I may be able to rank better for the umbrella term Keyword + Los Angeles when we are in "Beverly Hills"?

Thanks much I appreciate it either way. 

Have a nice weekend