My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Can I arrange my [Google My Business] photo sequence?

W R
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
W R
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As asked in the title.  Photos are in sequence by "added by" date/time - is there a way to custom-arrange them instead?  Thanks! :)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I arrange my [Google My Business] photo sequence?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi @W R,

I don't think that there is a way to arrange the photos in a custom manner. The best resource that we have available on this would be this article and those in the "Photos" section in the upper right corner of the page. It is recommended to set preferred photos so you can recommend which photo will show up first for users.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Liz

GMB Community Manager 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I came looking for an answer to the same question. My photos are in a very weird sequence for my page and I wish I could rearrange them!

Thank you for your answer.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is kind of bad. Think about it; the last photo you add will be the first photo shown, so you have to upload the one you want to be last - first. Then if you want to add another photo at another time, but you don't want to change the sequence of your photos, you have to start all over again by deleting them all and uploading the new photo first so it shows up last.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There are many reasons why users wish to custom sort pictures, and I'm sorry, but no "custom" leaves users with albums that can look, frankly, not very well edited, or worse, un-professional: it makes it look as if we users do not know any better...  Ironically, Pictures does allow us to "drag and drop" to create a custom album order, but then having saved and exited the folder, the system does not actually retain or show that custom order - isn't one facility without the other kind of pointless? Without this professional functionality (which was available in Picasa) it is more likely that users may have to just try and find it elsewhere - please advise.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I have just encountered this issue. Frankly, it seems idiotic for Google not to have considered the need to be able to sequence photos. But then, sadly, idiocy seems to reign in many aspects of life.

My solution is either to delete all photos and re-upload in appropriate (reverse) order, or not publish. And, given the limited nature of the so called 'website' facility, I think I will opt for the latter and go elsewhere.

For want of a ha'porth of tar, eh?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is exactly how Google does things.

"What? Not convenient for you? Since we own the market, we'll get around to it when we feel like it, which may be never."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do you set preferred photos in the uploading process?  The only option that seems is available is to choose the category.  Thank you!