My Business
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Can I Change My Local Page to a Brand Page and Keep My Custom URL?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We accidentally created a local business page when what we need is a brand page for a product. We would like to change the existing page to a brand page so we don't lose our custom URL. Can this be done?

If we were to delete the local page would that release the custom URL attached to it so we can use it for a brand page?

We've tried contacting support multiple times and waiting the 24 hours indicated, but we have not received any responses. Any help here would be appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Can I Change My Local Page to a Brand Page and Keep My Custom URL?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Thanks @Julie E

You'll need to get in touch with support (https://support.google.com/business/contactflow) and ask them to delete the local page as it was accidentally created.

This is the only way to make sure it is removed entirely from the local database. I know in your first post you mentioned waiting for 24 hours - you should be able to request an immediate call back if you contact support between 1AM - 5PM PDT

When you get in touch with them, ask about the custom URL - sometimes they are able to transfer the URL across, but in most cases you'll just have to wait and hope the custom URL is again offered to the brand page. It doesn't hurt to ask though!

I hope this helps - if not, don't hesitate to circle back with any more questions.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Julie E

It isn't possible to convert a local page to a brand page, and under most circumstances it isn't possible to delete the local page entirely from the local database.

Before answering the rest of your questions, can I ask what type of business you are running? Is it one where you meet customers in-person or are you purely an online business only?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your response. We are online only.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Thanks @Julie E

You'll need to get in touch with support (https://support.google.com/business/contactflow) and ask them to delete the local page as it was accidentally created.

This is the only way to make sure it is removed entirely from the local database. I know in your first post you mentioned waiting for 24 hours - you should be able to request an immediate call back if you contact support between 1AM - 5PM PDT

When you get in touch with them, ask about the custom URL - sometimes they are able to transfer the URL across, but in most cases you'll just have to wait and hope the custom URL is again offered to the brand page. It doesn't hurt to ask though!

I hope this helps - if not, don't hesitate to circle back with any more questions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your suggestion. We've tried email and call back with no luck. We'll keep trying. Thank you!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Sorry Julie,

I know sometimes it can be a pain - hopefully today you'll get through :)