My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Can Google Business Reviews affect SEO? And is there stats for Business Reviews Views?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Does anyone know if Reviews affect SEO?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Can Google Business Reviews affect SEO? And is there stats for Business Reviews Views?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Yes & yes.

Local SEO is based on three pillars: location, relevance and prominence. 

Review text is used for relevance. If the review consistently says your business serves the best sticky buns 

Review frequency and number can factor into prominence. If there are many reviews or the rating is good, it is likely the business is more prominent. Though, in my experience, the relevance signals provided by review text is probably more powerful than the prominence it gives to the listing.

Check out the Google My Business dashboard for review metrics left on Google. Other sites will provide metric through their profiles and some will even summarize metrics from multiple sites (eg., Yext). 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

THanks for the info Joel H!   When there is a 'Conflict of Interest' with a review, that still does not require a review response, that review is still visible on your Reviews page regardless of what that person has said. There needs to be more notification and control over what can be done with Google Reviews. As with Tripadvisor you can be notified to confirm the review before it goes live and published.  

Published Google Reviews gives Business Owners no control when the guidelines are not met, or in-line with, so SEO is effected resulting in visible incorrect harmfull reviews and loss in SEO ranking. This needs to be looked at before other businesses start suffering.

Surprising how much business owners have absolutely not vetting power of this type of activity.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

So it appears now that Google Business Support team have decided to leave our Business listing visible but with the "Permanently Closed" next to it!!! So frustrating WHY does it take so long for this to happen! support team said 1-2 days, it's now been 3-4 weeks! soo disappointing 

BUSINESS LISTING NOT TAKEN DOWN - INSTEAD APPEARS AS PERMANENTLY CLOSED!??

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

After numerous support emails and phone calls, no ACTUAL solution has been provided by the support team, after telling me that the business listing would be taken down between 1-2 days! Now it appears as "PERMANENTLY CLOSED", after specifically asking them to take it down which they said it would no longer be visible, but now it IS visible and has been for 2-4 weeks with "PERMANENTLY CLOSED" next ... ANY advice very much appreciated!

"PULLING HAIR OUT WHILE EATING GLASS STARRING INTO THE ABYSS"

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Alpine H

are you talking about the verified listing at "Vierge de la Balme, 38142 Auris en Oisans, France"?

Since it is verified can't you contact business support regarding the false information?

Note:

I meanwhile reported  the listing as opened: 

and GoogleMaps confirmed it to me as open.

https://goo.gl/maps/sTRJXoNH47v

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Helmut,

>>I meanwhile reported  the listing as opened: 

and GoogleMaps confirmed it to me as open

So the listing will not be taken down then?  I have requested almost a dozen times, but to no avail.

>>contact business support regarding the false information?

I just keep receiving emails to contact the Google My Business Help Center? 

They have called me but were not helpful, as I was given false information hence the listing still appearing.

What can I do??

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

since the listing is now marked as open it shouldn't taken down from  now on.

Can't say or help about mails you seem getting from support as I don't see or know such mails.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Helmut,

>>since the listing is now marked as open it shouldn't taken down from  now on.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean /\

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

you asked whether the listing will taken down and my answser is:

as far as I believe it shouldn't.