AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Caller ID not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello guys, I can't figure out how to get my number to show up on Google Caller ID.  My business is verified.  Any help would be appreciated.

Lynn Vu D.D.S - LV Family Dentistry Verified
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Caller ID not working

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey Lynn,

Each phone provider uses different sources for caller-ID. I wouldn't assume it is Google. I would check some of the major phone carriers in your area and also how your business is listed on Acxiom, LocalEze and ExpressUpdate.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is there a way I could do a mass update of my business phone number? I still find it puzzling when I call my cell phone which is a nexus which has google caller ID on it it still does not show up

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Lynn,

I believe Nexus pulls from Localeze's database. You can find a full list of all the different data providers and major directories here: https://whitespark.ca/top-local-citation-sources-by-country/

There is no way to do a mass update unless you want to pay a service like Yext, which is pricey. You can also hire a Local SEO company to do citation building for you which would help fix this.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual