My Business
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

COMPLAINT REGARDS GOOGLE BUSINESS

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google Business approached me about advertising the business where I am employed, and I accepted the months trial.  I then realised it was just a G+ account, something we are fully capable of looking after ourselves and for a lot less than you charge.  I had already advised MAPREGISTRATIONS that I had no interest in continuing after the initial months trial, which has now expired.

When my Director tried to access the account he was informed it was still under MAP REGISTRATIONS.  I rang them to find out why it had not been released and was advised the request from the previous week had not been activated.  She would activate it there and then, while I was on the phone, and confirmed it had been activated and it would be released within 48 hours.

This morning I received a new verification code to verify my business.  I tried to contact you to discover if this is another attempt by MAP REGISTRATIONS to lure us into another Google Business trial, or if this is a code that shows the business is now released, and can be claimed by us, the business owners.  There is no contact telephone number for Google Business on the paperwork, only Google Ads who do not deal with enquires from Google Business.

Can someone please contact me now on 01638 668583 to discuss the current ownership of our page and how we get control of our page by the end of the day.

Regards

Rachel Hopcroft

Vale-Tech Ltd

(Newmarket, Suffolk.)

<Moved to Google My Business Community by Community Manager>

1 Expert replyverified_user

COMPLAINT REGARDS GOOGLE BUSINESS

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Rachel H

I bet you are fallen prey to scammers.

GoogleMyBusiness listings are for free and there is not even any kind of a "trial for a month" or so.

More:

there isn't even such thing as "under MAP REGISTRATIONS"

can you provide any more details of the business in question to investigate ?