My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

CLOSED business

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there 

I wish to inform you that my old business that I owned is permanently closed and has been for over 3 years after the 2011 Christchurch,NZ earthquakes.

There are several listings and I need all adverts to be removed as it no longer exsists.

There are 2 names it is listed under as the name was changed when I purchased it in 2009 and the previous owner had it listed under its old name.

Laser Craft, The Wheel Trim Centre

The Wheel Trim Centre

Both at 386a St Asaph Street , Phillipstown, Christchurch, NZ

Can I have all adverts deleted please and send me an email once this is done.

Thanks Sharon Benns   <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>     [prefered email

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specifics and/or personal contact information. This is done to protect account security and privacy.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: CLOSED business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sharon

When you ask for all adverts to be deleted are you talking about AdWords (the small ads that appear next to a search listing) or the business listing for your now closed business?

If it is the latter I can only find reference to one business listing and that is showing a permanently closed sign - which is all that Google will do, they won't remove the listing entirely from their local database unless you can prove the business never actually existed or should not have had a listing in the first place.

Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 9.02.22 PM.png

However if you are talking about AdWords then you'll need to contact the person who set that up for your originally and ask them to stop advertising your businesses.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog