My Business
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

CLOSED business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I moved my business to the UK. My business is shown as closed and I would like it to be indicated as transferred or at least with the proper address. I am trying to do that since November ( first e-mail from your customer care dated 20/11/2015 ).

I sent / received 2-3 e-mails from your Customer Care explaining the situation, sent many feedbacks ( from the Google Maps page ) with the new address + explanation and spoke ( phonecall ) with 3 Customer Care Employees. I asked for 2 verification cards on the 10th of December ( never arrived ).

I asked for two new verification cards about one week ago.

The last phone call with Customer Care dated 29/12/2015 should have been a resolutive phone call ( my feedback + report from Google Customer Care ).

I could have fixed everything in 3 or 5 minutes myself. I had to stop my Adwords campaign because of the CLOSED indication. My sales also have been damaged by Google ( with the CLOSED indication on Google Maps ).

I am self-employed and my brands are : Miche1 Ma22o1ini + Gi0ied0nia

My business is : Gi0ie11eria0nLine

Address as on my website

I study right now assembly language, C and php and I don't understand why I have to spend hours and hours on a wrong diplayed info!!!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michel M
January 2016

Re: CLOSED business

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
You cant change the old business page to get it shown in the UK.
If you moved from CR to UK you have to set up for the new address of the business in UK a new page
Have you done this and if so to what UK address and can you provide the URL of the UK page from your dashboard to here?

BTW from the name of the business it very much sounds you are an online
jeweler.

Note: online businesses are not eligible at all.

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michel M
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
You cant change the old business page to get it shown in the UK.
If you moved from CR to UK you have to set up for the new address of the business in UK a new page
Have you done this and if so to what UK address and can you provide the URL of the UK page from your dashboard to here?

BTW from the name of the business it very much sounds you are an online
jeweler.

Note: online businesses are not eligible at all.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Helmut,
I am sorry, I didn't receive a notification of your reply.

EDITED POST TO AVOID CONFUSION!!!!

Thank you, have a nice Sunday,
regards,
Michel

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mr Geissler, I started a new tread because I clicked on " mark as best answer ". I hope I am not causing any problem. Below I copy and paste what in the other tread and I will try now to delete the new tread.

==============

Hi thank you again to Mrs Chandra and Mr Geissler, I am still trying to solve the problem...

I moved my business to the U.K. and I would like to know if you can tell me what to do to have my business indicated as transferred and not closed on Google Maps.

The customer care isn't helping at all.

I paste the links

OLD Locations :

https://www.google.it/maps/place/Gioielleria+OnLine/@45.1398468,10.0144447,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1...

https://www.google.it/maps/place/Gioelli+Michel+Mazzolini/@45.1401265,10.0164398,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4...

NEW Location :

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Michel+Mazzolini/@53.646078,-4.0652416,6z/data=!4m5!1m2!2m1!1smi...

Thank you!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Michel,

Currently, there is no way to indicate that a business has moved to a new location. You can only report it as closed.

A feature to indicate that a business has moved used to be functional but it isn't currently.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Colan, very kind.
What would you suggest to do?
The closed indication is harming my business, I work 6-7 hours a day on my website ( when I am not meeting customers, checking gems or doing other things... )

I will try to move the location ( to parents or others ), change the name and remove the link.
It should be possible ( I think ) once verified... Not that I like it but what can I do??

Strange the customer care could not help, I worked as a customer care employee and normally things work differently. Well, nevermind...

Thank you and have a nice weekend, michel

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
@Michel M

If I understand your dilema correctly, being a closed listing for your former business location, there is no suggestion that I can offer. Old locations are marked closed on purpose by Google.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky