My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business only shows on Map when Zoom in or Out

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Forgive me.  This is my second attempt on this question, and I'm hoping to get some expert advice.

My name is Ben Threlkeld, O.D. and I am the owner of Cambridge Optometry.  Our address is 250 Cambridge Avenue, Suite 102, Palo Alto, CA.  Our phone number is 650.323.6772.  I'm not certain my Google+ URL.

A strange thing has recently happened to my Google My Business listing.  When I am in the top three listings for a keyword search I'm shown on the Google Map.  If I am 4th or lower, my business is not shown at all.  Not even on the "More places" page. If I then zoom in or out on the Google Map on the "More places" page, the screen refreshes and I immediately pop up.  An example of this would be using the keyword phrase "optometrists palo alto".  You won't see me in the top three, nor will you see me when you click on "More places".  When you click on "More places" and zoom in or out on the Google Map, the listing refreshes and I pop up 4th or 5th.  

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. 

Exeter Cottage
1 Expert replyverified_user

Business only shows on Map when Zoom in or Out

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ben T

There was an update in Sept and it sounds like that's what you are experiencing. It's too much for me to type to try to explain.

Please see this thread which links to a post at Search Engine Land by Joy and another post at my forum, where pros have been analyzing this update we call Possum.

Possum Update Analysis - Biggest Google Local Update Since Pigeon via Joy Hawkins