My Business
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business not showing up on search, unless I type in address as well.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

First off thanks for any help you can give me. 

If I search my business name on Google, "Bruce Chafe Real Estate," my business doesn't show up on the side. However if I search, "Bruce Chafe Real Estate 81 Kenmount Road" or even just "Bruce Chafe Real Estate 81" it does. Any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks

Bruce

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business not showing up on search, unless I type in address as well.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Bruce

Typically this happens when Google doesn't have enough confidence in the online presence of the business. So when I look for your business name on the web, it only gives me your website, your GMB page, and posts in the community.

The solution is to build out references to your business around the web in relevant (industry and community) directories, publications, and so on. What you're building is what's called "citations".

Tim has written a good article to introduce you to the concepts and posted it here in the community: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Ranking-Factors-of-a-Google-Business-Page/ba-p/50...
In it you'll see links to US and UK citation sites - dig around and you'll find Canadian sites as well. And remember quality (relevance) rules!

Good luck -

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog