My Business
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business not showing up in local results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a registered and verified listing in Google my business. Imagias, 5232 Eagle Trace Dr, Raleigh NC, 757-641-2750. No google + url as that appears to no longer be an option for businesses. When you look up website design or web design in Raleigh, Nc under which my business is registered for its category in my business, it shows up nowhere. There are even permanently closed businesses that show up but mine is nowhere to be found.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business not showing up in local results

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Jason,

How long ago did you claim and register your business with Google? It does take a while to start showing up for some businesses as you are competing with established businesses who have robust profiles. A bit of advice, get the following:

-Add your business website
-Add exterior, interior, logos, business photos to your listing
-Work with clients to get reviews on your listing
-Provide an accurate business description for your business, try and include your main category keyword within your description.
On Your Website
-Display your business name, address and contact details on site. If you are a single business, then the footer is best. If you have multiple locations, then on your serviced area location page, with link to the matching business page
-Incorporate schema markup or JSON-LD structured data
-Check your websites pages for keyword relevance and structure

More tips from Tim Capper https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Ranking-Factors-of-a-Google-Business-Page/ba-p/50...

Hope this helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the excellent advice! I registered and verified the site about a week and a half ago I think.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Jason D

I can only recommend reading my article that @Jordan Burleson referenced.

A couple of things : https://plus.google.com/107761963421306161469/about

Images : although not a ranking signal, your page is blank, not great for a potential customer looking around.

Description: Google machine learns about the business, plus potential customers want a little bit of info ... you have no business description.

Business Citations: There are 0 references to your business online. Google uses online mentions, references as a ranking signal : "Imagias" AND "5232 Eagle Trace Dr Raleigh, NC 27604"

Work on your business citations.

PS: You do appear, but on Page 10

screencapture (11).png

You don't have a website listed on your business page ..... you need to add that, especially if your are a business page about web design ?

Then of course you need to optimise the site, because this play a part in the positioning of your business page to.

Tim Capper
Google My Business Top Contributor (UK) and SEO consultant at Online Ownership

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership