My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business not showing up in local results for keyword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business was verified by Google approximately 6-9 months ago and business information has been completed. When searching by keyword and location, it has risen in organic search results (now page 1 of organic with keyword and zip code, page 3 with keyword and city, state), but I still don't see it at all in local results, with even businesses that are permanently closed or have fewer or lower reviews than us showing up. I would appreciate any help with figuring out why and how to remedy the problem. Thank you!

Business name: EZ Dental

Address: 11139 Abercorn St., Savannah, GA 31419

Phone number: 912-925-9190 

Google+: https://plus.google.com/+EZDentalSavannah

Keyword: dentist

1 Expert replyverified_user

Business not showing up in local results for keyword

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

@Tim Capper has written a Google article on this topic

Ranking Factors for GMB

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Ranking-Factors-of-a-Google-Business-Page/ba-p/50...

In regards to SEO In general:

What you are looking for is SEO ( Search Engine Optimization)

Here is the Google SEO Starters Guide

There are also several tools you can use to check your site for proper page speed, Data markup, and mobile friendliness

Mobile friendly
Page speed Insights
Data Structured Markup

Also if looking for a professional SEO you should read this

It will give you pointers and help you decide and evaluate SEO services presented to you.

If you are looking for specific answers about your website or domain, you should ask your questions to the experts at the Google Webmasters Forum here:

Re: Business not showing up in local results for keyword

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Kathy D

To add to info that @Eric Gehler provided, you need to look at the area and how Google is clustering the business.

Search: Dentist Savannah, GA

You will see how Google clusters and shows the businesses North of your location.

dentist Savannah  GA   Google Search.png

Now when you search nearer you location you are more prevalent and in the 3 Pack.

dentist vernonburg GA   Google Search.png

As you can see Google provides results based upon what they feel is most relevant to the search query.

Now I am not saying give up on Savannah terms, what I am showing you is that Savannah is a long term strategy and you should be looking as quicker wins and locations nearer you.

The other thing to keep in mind is that this is Desktop results. A user on Mobile searching >> Dentist Savannah, GA, will get different results based upon their actual GPS location.

So if they are in or near your location, you will appear.

Quick Wins:

Fix the link to G+ page in your website, it does not work:

This is the link you should use: https://plus.google.com/+EZDentalSavannah/about

Your Facebook is used regularly, but you have not posted on your Google business page .... its empty.

EZ Dental   About   Google .png

Top Tip:  Google does not read Facebook, but it does read and understand  posts on your Google Business Page, they are even indexed in search results.

Engage with the community on your G posts, don't always post Dentist stuff. eg: Just spotted an amazing offer on Elec Toothbrush at xyz store and tag the location.

Great lunch at XYZ restaurant, with health option too, tag the restaurant.

You can download the G+ app and load your business page account and post from there.

I can't find a blog on your website?

Relevant content posted regularly is a great way to engage with users and target longer tail search terms, traffic and visibility.

Even a FAQ page would be Good instead of linking out to other resources.

You are competing with 2 other business pages at the same  address.

11139 Abercorn St  Savannah  GA 3141   Google Search.png

Are you in the same building ?  Do you not have a Suite # or Office #

Get that into your 2nd line of address, which will separate you from competing with the other 2.

Some Christmas SEO Tips to keep you going.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership