My Business
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business not showing up in different areas I service

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dependable Plumbing and Home Remodeling

1619 Berry Hill Way, Strawberry Plains, TN 37871

865-335-9010

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Dependable+Plumbing+And+Home+Remodeling/@35.9469512,-83.7662787,9z...

https://plumbingremodeling.wixsite.com/dependable 

The only time my business shows up in search is if its specifically typed in or they search "plumbers sevierville" I have it selected that I service areas within 50 miles of Sevierville but how do I get my business to show up when people search plumbers in those surrounding areas?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Well there are probably quiet a few plumbers in your chosen Service Area. Unfortunately now Google have restricted you to one Category the home re-modelling part is unlikely to rank well.

A lot of Website SEO? Outcompete this site?

http://www.plumberssevierville.com/

Re: Business not showing up in different areas I service

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We have plumbing selected as our category. But we don't show up at all if
someone was to search "Plumber Gatlinburg" which there aren't many plumbers
actually in this area. Most other companies are based out of Knoxville
which is close to an hour away. The ONLY city we show up under is
Sevierville.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Well how well you show up is down to SEO.

For a GmB entry you need to put similar content into other plumbing related directories which builds trust with Google.

Getting reviews helps.

For your Website it needs to be SEOed properly. When you do a job and have permission take a picture with geolocation on and add to your website, or a general view of the customers location.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tacomini04
July

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I agree with Andrew recommendation on SEO.  Also, know that user search proximity is now key to obtaining local search results.  Things you can do to improve visibility in the areas that you serve.... on your web site make a navigation to promote Service Areas, and for that your content would be something to the effect of "Proudly serving a wide are of Tennessee including Gatlinburg, Knoxville, Sievierville, etc"  Also check out your citation sources, make sure they are linking to your web site and that your business description is thorough - include service areas if you can.  Good luck to you.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Carolyn,

Do you think using the new Posts option in GmB would be a way to highlight jobs geolocated through his desired service area?

Andrew