My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business not showing on Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I was hoping that someone might be able to help me with this one. Our business 'The Cleaning Fairy' isn't showing up with a pin on Google Maps in Herne Bay, Kent, UK.

The business is based in a 'enterprise centre' with lots of other businesses using the same address, so I thought perhaps that could be the problem?

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Kind regards

James

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@James B

"not showing on GMaps" is not true as this link shows the bsuiness and its service area.

Note:

as a service area and likely not cleaning the properties of your customers at the mentioned address of "the cleaning fairy" business but at customers homes or houses its pretty fair and correct to uncheck the little box "we also serve customers at our buiness address" 

This doing however will intentionally hide yor business address and location to the public.

Re: Business not showing on Google Maps

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @James B

Are you referring to this listing? https://goo.gl/maps/HxiA6ar2VYQ2

It is set as a service area business, which is appropriate unless the location serves customers at the business location. A pin marker won't show on the map for this type of listing. But it sounds like it's probably not an actual location of the business. If that's the case then it wouldn't be eligible for its own Google My Business listing.

I also noticed the other listing for the business: https://goo.gl/maps/SeVyWGcBMop

Both listings are using the same telephone number. Each listing should have its own number that connects to that location.

It looks to me like the business should have one Google My Business listing. It needs to be for the actual physical location of the business. And setting it as a service area business would be necessary unless the location has a storefront and serves customers there.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Excellent, thank you both for your help.

There are two offices but as you say, these are not shopfronts and that's why the pin isn't appearing on the map, rather the service area is displayed.

I understand now and appreciate your time.

Thanks again

James