My Business
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business not pulling up on search - a different business at the same address is coming up

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Southminster Child Care
2. 643 Harding Place 
3. 615-333-1037
4. Google Maps URL - there isn't one - that's the problem
5. www.southminsterchildcare.com

We have a child care center within a church at the same address. We've claimed the My Business Page for the child care separately and had it verified with a postcard. When you google "Southminster Child Care" you only get the listing for Southminster Presbyterian Church. This is true on your phone and browser. How do I get the child care center to appear rather than the church when it's specifically searched for? 

I can't even use the API to get a link to reviews because it only shows the church in the location.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business not pulling up on search - a different business at the same address is coming up

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @April M

When I search Southminster Child Care Nashville, TN. I see the church appearing. This makes sense because their website is also titled and specifically states Southmister Child Care.

They are seen by Google as the authority site for that search query.

Southminster Child Care Nashville, TN - Google Search (1).png

When I search for Southminster Child Care 643 Harding Place, your business page appears.

Southminster Child Care 643 Harding Place - Google Search.png

What i did notice is that your website does not appear for your name and address >> Southminster Child Care 643 Harding Place. This indicates a lack of authority for the business name and address.

I would look at building up some local business citations. I only see your business mentioned 4 times online.

https://moz.com/learn/local/citations-by-city

I would look at building a few more for the business.

Your current site title reads:

<title>Southminster Child Care &#8211; organized in 1981 to provide a loving, supportive, safe and educational environment</title>

I would change to:

<title>Southminster Child Care - Supportive, Safe Child Care in Nashville, TN</title> 

I would embed the correct map in your footer:

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m14!1m8!1m3!1d12898.465788694797!2d-86.746509!3d36.0784583!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x0%3A0xe0f8004c70b1f8ee!2sSouthminster+Child+Care!5e0!3m2!1sen!2sus!4v1498679223153" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I would also look at adding localbuisness schema across site:

https://schema.org/LocalBusiness

The aim here is to send the correct signals to Google about your Name and Location. however you will always have a slight issue with the church also having a page with the same business name.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership