My Business
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business not mapped on areas that the business services, only comes up in search as the bus. address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a window cleaning business which does all of its work in areas different to the area in which the business address is. I have filled in the areas that the business services, but when I search for the business, it is only the business address which shows up on the map. This is effectively useless, as I travel to 100% of the clients to do the work (hard for them to bring their windows to me...)

For example, if I search for "lake cathie window cleaning", the business shows up on the map in the search results, and includes business contact info etc (Lake Cathie is where the business address is)

If I search for one of the areas that I service eg "port macquarie window cleaning", the business doesn't show up on the map

How can I get my business to show up when people search for window cleaning in any of the areas that I service?

I have already selected "yes" for "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location", and I have unticked "I also serve customers at my business address" - is there anything else I need to do?

There really doesn't seem to be much point in having my business address mapped, when the primary source of business is actually in the service areas that have been selected, rather than at the business address

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

google+ url: https://plus.google.com/105535182890840708315/about?gmbpt=true&_ga=1.127130765.1851842256.1465528477

Local Gleam Window Cleaning

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business not mapped on areas that the business services, only comes up in search as the bus. add

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

can't confirm this happen for me - getting you top ranked on a search like  "Window Cleaning near bonny hills NSW":

Screenshot 2016-06-10 at 13.34.45.png

Re: Business not mapped on areas that the business services, only comes up in search as the bus. add

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

)

Hi Helmut,

thanks for very much for your response.
I am not sure why but we seem to be getting different results. Also, you will note that on the map, it is only the second result that is showing on the map in your screenshot. When I perform the same search, and go to map view, I get the following, which again, you will note that my business does not show up on the map:

BonnyHillsSearch.JPG

Map search results shows:

BHMapView.JPG

which again, does not list my business.

The main area that I work is Port Macquarie as it is the largest town, the others I have listed in my service area represent less than 5% of my overall busines combined, so Port Macquarie is the area that I am particularly concerned with
So when I do a search for Port Macquarie Window Cleaning  (https://www.google.com.au/search?num=30&q=+Port+Macquarie+Window+Cleaning&oq=+Port+Macquarie+Window+... I get the following:

PortMacquarieSearchResults.JPG

and map results showsPMMapView.JPG

again, not showing that I service this area.

I am not sure how much impact including "near" in the search term makes, but realistically, the search terms that people are going to use are most likely to be the following (as a few examples):

window cleaning port macquarie

port macquarie window cleaning

window cleaning bonny hills

bonny hills window cleaning

I would appreciate any further input you may have on what I need to do to show up in searches for areas that I cover

Thanks in advance!