My Business
6.6K members online now
6.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business not appearing in maps/does not exist according to Google?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

A business I'm working for is missing in Google Maps. I've tried adding it, but everytime I do Google mistakes my adding as trying to add a business that is down the street, which has a similar name. So Google tells me; "We have added your listing, thank you something something..". No, you have not.

This is a problem, as both businesses are separate hotels. We might loose business to our competitor as they are showing up in maps, we're not. Also we don't show up in properly in Google searches and I can't make a business page as Google believes these two businesses are the same. 

This is the address where Google says there is nothing: Prestestegen 5, 6783 Stryn, Sogn og Fjordane

Hope someone can help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Please include the following with your question for both hotels (the existent and the one you can't add):
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. GoogleMaps Link or GoogleSearch link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your reply, Mr. Geissler

1: Villa Visnes 

2: Prestegen 5, 6783 Stryn

3: Theres no telephone number for this business at the time. Only private numbers that I can't post in a public forum.

4: https://www.google.no/maps/place/Prestestegen+5,+6783+Stryn/@61.8969684,6.7046046,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!...

Whenever I try to gain access to this business, Google believes I'm trying to access the one called "Visnes Hotel", which is basically right down the road. The address however of this business, Visnes Hotel is: Prestestegen 1, 6783 Stryn. It should not be a problem as these two businesses have separate addresses. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to contact Google directly in any way? I can't get access to my business account as Google says the business does not exist.