My Business
3K members online now
3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business not appearing in listed area

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello- I am managing a page for a Mudjacking company in Kansas and I set up the general area he serves customers in. His location can be found here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/All+Star+Mudjacking/@38.8130798,-94.8833085,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x...

Only problem is that he isn't appearing in areas such as Lenexa, Overland Park, Olathe etc when you search his business. For example he's not showing as a listed business in the map when searching 'Overland Park Mudjacking' even though that city is within the range I set. What is the best way to fix this, or how do I get this page to show up within those listings?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business not appearing in listed area

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Corey

The service area range doesn't really correlate to search rankings - it is more a 'nice to have' on a Map so visitors can see if you service the area they are in.

If you'd like your client to rank in areas outside of their physical location (even as a SAB) then you'll need to do some organic SEO work as well as local SEO.

For example. adding more information about each area that you serve on your website (not just as keywords but as actual pieces of content).

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Re: Business not appearing in listed area

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I get you searching for "Concrete Contractor near Spring Hill, KS" listed in the top three results