My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business not appearing in general search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a dog grooming business that has been verified by google my business and all the information is correct.I also have a website with SEOs. If "tails of the clip" is searched, the business will appear, but if "dog grooming" or "pet grooming", anything generally referring to pet grooming,my business does not show at all. I have had many customers complain about this issue, how do I fix it?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business not appearing in general search

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Lea G,

This is something more tied to your website structure, coding, content, optimization, etc.. You will want to dig into your website and see how it is performing for you. I would start with a deep review within Google Search Console. 

There are many powerful features built into Google Search Console and every website on the planet should be connected to it. This is where Google interacts with website owners & developers about things happening with it. Most likely, there will be issues to address. 

Once Google Search Console is reviewed, let's check up on your site speed, mobile-friendliness and some SEO (search engine optimization) stuff. 

1) Visit Google Search Console.

2) Use the Google Developers Speed Test and work on fixing the issues so that your score is 89 or higher for both mobile & desktop.

3) Rerun the Google Speed Test but use this tool instead. Make sure you have a mobile score of 100.

4) Run your site through this SEO score checker.

Utilize the steps as they are outlined. Visit #1 and dig into your website actions with Google. Use #2 to bring your score up and get any optimized content to download & use. Complete everything and then go to #3. Complete everything and go to step #4.  

Please let us know what you discover and if you need further help.

King Regards,

James