My Business
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business name is incorrect on google sear - can't correct because "My Business" shows correct name

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Full business name: Paradise Creek Brewery

Current Business Address: 245 SE Paradise Street. Pullman, WA 99163

Business Telephone Number: (509) 338 - 9463

Paradise Creek Brewery Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/103407989618863072286

My Google+ URL: https://plus.google.com/u/0/115772301008340811652

I have been having issues correcting some misinformation on google concerning what the business' name displays in the search. When searching Paradise Creek Brewery this is what comes up:

Old Post Office.png...The search itself is correct, but the information on the right side of the screen is incorrect. It says that the business name is "Old Post Office" when it should say Paradise Creek Brewery. This seems like a simple fix, I can either "suggest an edit" or go to "My Business" and change it right? This is what I get when I try to "suggest an edit":

Attempted Edit.png The edit suggestion box already says Paradise Creek Brewery as if that is what is actually displaying on the Google Search...So the other option would be to log into Google My Business and edit it, but this is how it displays in My Business.

My Business.png

Once again the name is already correct and there is nothing that I can do to edit out "Old Post Office." Is there any other method of making sure this displays correctly?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jonathan H
September 2016

Business name is incorrect on google sear - can't correct because "My Business" shows correct name

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Google responded and said the best thing to do would be to scroll down to the very bottom of the search results and hit the "send feedback" button.  Make sure you submit a screenshot that shows exactly what the issue is and they should be able to fix it for you.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

View solution in original post

Re: Business name is incorrect on google sear - can't correct because "My Business" shows

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I will escalate this to Google to see what can be done.

Owner of Sterling Sky

Re: Business name is incorrect on google sear - can't correct because "My Business" shows

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jonathan H
September 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Google responded and said the best thing to do would be to scroll down to the very bottom of the search results and hit the "send feedback" button.  Make sure you submit a screenshot that shows exactly what the issue is and they should be able to fix it for you.

Owner of Sterling Sky